9.24.2008

Fresh & Delicious....

My son Matthew has been telling me how delicious these marinated tomatoes are, so I thought I'd give them a try this evening. Delicious indeed & a nice change from A-1 sauce! This recipe will definately get a smiley face in my book!
GRILLED STEAK WITH MARINATED TOMATOES
2 garden fresh tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons fresh basil
1 minced shallot (I used onion)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix together and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Spoon over a grilled steak just before serving.
Enjoy,
Brenda

2 comments:

Linda C said...

Just delicious. Try this on some toasted Italian style bread. We call this bruscetta and often have it for entree at an Italian restaurant.

Anonymous said...

this sounds so good...as Linda mentioned it is great on crusty Italian bread too :)