2.16.2009

Sneak peek at a work in progress...

Little Peep is sporting her Easter bonnet with the blue ribbon on it & is marching in the annual Easter parade. Should be a beautiful parade...the tulips are in full bloom.

Here is a snippet of a new cross stitch design, called "Easter Bonnet". Did you ever get the Easter Peeps candies in your Easter Baskets when you were young? I loved those sweet marshmallowy candies in the shapes of small yellow chicks. I'm not sure why I liked them as a child, but I cannot make myself eat them in my adult life...too squeaky & gritty on my teeth! What was your favorite Easter candy? It was this childhood favorite that was the inspiration for this design.


The stitching is about done on this design and then I will have the fun task of deciding on its finish. I'm hoping to do a fun & different finish...we shall see! This design is worked on 32 ct linen over 1 thread. Size is somewhat smaller, at just 2 7/8" x 2 3/4".
keep stitchin,
brenda

3 comments:

Debbie said...

How adorable she looks in her Easter bonnet. I can hardly wait to see this finished design! I see another order coming for me!

Debbie said...

How adorable she looks in her Easter bonnet. I can hardly wait to see the finished design. I see another order coming for me.

The French Bear said...

Love her!! I am still working on the free pattern you posted awhile back, I am just learning to cross stitch on linen, so I am a little slow!!!
I love the snowmen patterns, I think I've done most of them in needle punch!
Hugs,
Margaret B