5.29.2011

A day to remember...

When I'm Gone
When I come to the end of my journey
and I travel my last weary mile,
just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
and remember only the smile.

Forget unkind words I have spoken;
remember some good I have done.
Forget that I ever had heartache
and remember I've had loads of fun.

Forget that I've stumbled and blundered
and sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles
and won, ere the close of the day.

Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
but in summer just gather some flowers
and remember the place where I lay.

And come in the shade of evening
when the sun paints the sky in the west,
stand for a few moments beside me
and remember only my best.

~by Mrs. Lyman Hancock

Remembering today those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, those who have served, for those serving today and their loved ones, so that we may be the
land of the free
&
home of the brave.

Freedom does not come easy...

Enjoy your day,
Brenda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
What a lovely post. I saved the poem it was beautiful, thanks for sharing.

PS: I check on the eagles again this morning they are really getting big.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely,
Your Hoosier Friend,
Monica

gracie said...

A beautiful poem....thank you for sharing

MoonBeam said...

Really nice post. Thanks, and have a great weekend.

Bobbi

TheCrankyCrow said...

Touching words - beautiful post, Brenda. Thank you for sharing. Smiles & Hugs, Robin

mdgtjulie said...

What a wonderful poem. I really like that. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, and I'm glad to see you're remembering the true meaning of the holiday!

Larkrise garden girl said...

What a wonderful post!