6.22.2011

Saving the best for last...

I'm now to the stitching
of the bottom band
of the Ann Dickinson -1819 reproduction piece.
This is my favorite part
of this sampler.
A band of various motifs...
big birds,
tiny birds stitched in petite stitches,
big trees,
funky shaped little trees,
garden gates
and
a house.

Petite stitches
are also used around the windows,
framing them in so delicately...
don't you think?
I always look for petite stitches
in
antique samplers...
I think they add
such a delicate touch
to the piece
and
perhaps indicates
that the young girl
was somewhat
experienced in stitching.
Perhaps it wasn't her first sampler,
one can only imagine...

The dear husband and I
are spending a few days
caring for our little Grandson.
I will be out of the office
Thursday and Friday
of this week.
Ann is packed
just in case
I'm not too tired
and
feel like stitching
after the little one is in bed,
in the evening...

We'll spend our days
playing at the park,
feeding the fish,
watching the ducks,
building Playdoh bridges,
splashing in the water table,
drawing trains,
playing Thomas the Train,
snacking on ice cream cones,
and
even perhaps a visit to the zoo...


Should be lots and lots of fun...
Grandma can hardly wait!

Have good day everyone,
Brenda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, she is so pretty!! I am anxious to see the finished sampler. Thanks for the sneak peak! Hope you have a most blessed time with your grandson. They are so much fun!! Blessings from Kentucky - kelley

Mouse said...

ohhh very pretty :) and enjoy having fun with your little grandson sounds like you have lots to do :) take care and hope you sneak in a bit of stitching :) love mouse xxx

Kay said...

Can't wait for the autumn sampler - that is my favorite season to stitch. I think it's the colors! Enjoy spending time with your grandson!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I know this is going to be another must-have for me, Brenda! Can't wait to see it.

Have a wonderful time with your GS.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your grandson. :) I have one about the same age and is he ever a delight!
This sampler is calling out to me very loudly. I'm trying so hard to be patient.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love the sampler !!!Can't wait to see all of it!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looking so lovely, Brenda! Enjoy your "grand" time! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, I hope you and your grandson have a great time!! Take some snaps, I'd love to see them! Grats on your progress. Those tiny stitches are so hard to see, but they make the piece!!

Lynn said...

I am definitely loving everything I've seen of this sampler. Thanks for the peek!
Enjoy your time with your grandson. I certainly wish my granddaughters lived closer. I miss being able to have a day like yours.