7.16.2011

This & That...

I subscribe to Country Thread's newsletter, The Goat Gazette and I've so enjoyed the July's issue. The recipes this issue all start out with a commercial mix. I'm pretty sure I've gained 5 pounds since this newsletter arrived. Each recipe sounds as good as the next.

SO...
this morning I treated the dear husband and myself to the Rhubarb Cinnabon Muffins....
and since
I don't want to get fat
all by myself,
I thought
I'd share
the
recipe
with you all...
enjoy!
Please do not notice that I spelled the word "rhubarb" wrong on the above photo
{sigh}
who decided
there needed to be
an
"h"
in this word anyway???
Looks fine without it, doesn't it???

Rhubarb Cinnabon Muffins
1 box Betty Crocker Cinnabon brand Cinnamon Streusel Muffin mix
1 cup cut up rhubarb (I used frozen and worked just fine)

Mix muffin mix according to package. Add rhubarb to muffin mix before spooning into a 12 count muffin tin. Top muffins with streusel topping. Bake for 16 - 21 minutes.
So simple and so delicious...simply delicious!

I couldn't help but think of little Beckham,
as I was eating these muffins this morning.
He is a muffin man!
Loves muffins.
I was visiting him on Wednesday,
and he and Momma had made muffins that morning.
I arrived around 9:30 AM
and
he was enjoying his morning breakfast of bran muffins.
His Momma says he always needs two muffins,
at a time.
One in hand
and
another one
sitting on a plate nearby.
One with peanut butter on
and
one without.
Just in case,
he wants to make sure
he has dibs
on another one.
You just have to love the funny little ways of a 2 1/2 year old, don't you?

Which reminds me of our kitty.
When his food dish gets down to about 20 pieces of food,
he goes on hunger strike,
sitting by his dish,
looking at me with those big blue eyes,
wishing his human mom would top out his bowl...
Kitties have funny ways, too!

***********************************

It's been hotter
then a witch's
"you know what"
in a brass brazier
here.
Sorry about the description,
I hope I don't offend anyone,
BUT
this does best describe
how hot
it really
is
here!

Heat index has been in the 120's.
Heat warnings are in effect until Wednesday....
yuck!
The warm and humid air
has really filled in the flower pots nicely,
BUT
the weeds are growing
right along
with everything else...
{sigh}

The mosquitoes are out in full force too,
any time of day,
making it
nearly impossible
to weed the gardens.

I stepped outside yesterday
to quickly snap a photo of my burgundy lilies.
The photo shoot didn't last long,
as the camera lens kept fogging over
from the high humidity
and
the mosquitoes
were about carrying me away.
{sigh}
welcome to summer in Iowa...

Have a good weekend everyone & stay cool,
Brenda

7 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

The muffins look so yummy!!!
Hot and humid here in WI too!
The mosquitos are in full force here too. If you stand outside to long you'll need a blood transfusion!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Whew!! Finally a recipe I can pass on....not a big rhubarb fan....and since I eat the majority of baked goods around here, I ain't fixing something I don't like!! ;o) Thanks for sharing though!! It's rainy and cool here - past few days we sometimes didn't get over 70...But I hear scorching heat and high humidity is rolling in tomorrow....Stay cool - have a wonderful Saturday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

gracie said...

Those muffins look so delicious. thanks for sharing the recipe.

Dinie said...

I wished we had some cooler weather here in Texas too, it has been above 100 every day for almost 4 weeks now, but yesterday afternoon the A/C decided to blow some warm air, and I am sure they cannot fix it till Monday.... A/C people are very busy around here... oh well.... ceiling fans and standing fan on full blast... One good thing, I am not cooking :)

Anonymous said...

The muffins sound delicious. I never noticed the misspelling and actually had to go back to find it out of curiosity. Needless to say, I am not a speller either. I hated those practice spelling bee's they made us do in grade school, all of us lining up outside the principles office. Go figure that one.
Well, anyway your muffin man friend sounds absolutely adorable.
Your pictures of the flowers are beautiful and just remember...if you get fat there is just more of you to love.
Stay cool and dry in the approaching dog days of summer.

mdgtjulie said...

I hope you're staying cool too Brenda. I don't know the heat index numbers here, but actual temps are easily in the mid to high nineties almost every day. It's almost nine pm and it's still eighty out there. UGH!!! Your muffins look delicious. I may have to try that recipe. I love rhubarb too. My mom grew it last year, so we had some nice cobblers. Sorry you have a mosquito problem. Luckily, it's not one that I have, and I'm very happy about that.

marly said...

Thank you for the recipe. I have rhubarb in the freezer - not enough for another pie, so this is perfect. I plug in a box fan outside and let it blow in my direction. The little skeeter buggers are too light to fly in a breeze.